搵食
making a living
Make a living
搵食
「 奶茶 凍 咖啡 ? 」
milk tea|frozen|coffee
"Milk tea iced coffee?"
鴛鴦 檸檬茶 外賣 拎 上 電單車 。
Yuan Yang|lemon tea|takeaway|take|on|motorcycle
Order for takeout of yuanyang lemon tea and pick it up on a motorcycle.
今年 又 有 疫情 外面 咁 熱 你 想 點樣 呢 ?
|||pandemic|outside|so|hot|you||how|
This year there is another epidemic, and it's so hot outside, what do you want to do?
攞 個 電話 出嚟 撳 下 掣 又 做乜 要 出街 呢 ?
||phone||press|press|button||what|need|go out|
Why do you need to go out when you have to get a phone or press the button?
打開 個 APP 畀 你 揀 想 食 早餐 午餐 晚餐 。
open||app|||choose||||lunch|dinner
Open the app to choose what you want to eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
坐低 得閒 埋嚟 睇睇 揀 下 呢 間 嗰 間 邊 間 。
sit down|when free|come over|take a look|choose|||this place|||which|room
Sit down when you have time and take a look to choose which place you want.
凌晨 時間 碰 下 運氣 睇 下 邊 間 仲係 未 閂 。
early morning||hit||luck|||||still|not|closed
In the early morning, take a chance to see which places are still open.
快 啲 啦 過 咗 十 點 佢 就 唔 會 幫 你 落單 。
|||after|||||then|||help||place an order
Hurry up! After ten o'clock, they won't help you place an order.
每 日 公司 做嘢 咁 攰 好多時 九點 先 放工 。
|day||work|||many times|nine o'clock||get off work
Every day working at the company is so exhausting, often finishing work at nine o'clock.
可以 嗌 埋 嘢食 陣間 返 屋企 唔好 嘥 嗰 一 個 鐘 。
can|order food|together|food|later|||not|waste||||
You can quarrel and go back to your house without wasting a minute.
香港 九龍 新界 都 咁 方便 點樣 嗌 都 得 。
Hong Kong|Kowloon|New Territories|||convenient|how|call||
Hong Kong, Kowloon and the New Territories are all so convenient. How can you quarrel?
星期一 二 三四 五 六 都 有 唔少得 星期日 。
||three and four||six|||not less than|
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and, not least, Sundays.
後生仔 傾 下 計 啦 我 見 你 咁 勤力 。
young man||||||see|||hardworking
I can see that you are working so hard.
每 日 戴 晒 口罩 送 外賣 呢 我 有 叫 嚟 食 。
||wear|wearing|mask|delivering|||||||
I wear a mask every day to deliver takeout. I have ordered food.
聽講 你 頭先 返 完 學 都 冇 返 到 屋企 。
I heard||earlier||finished|||not|||
I heard that you didn't go home after finishing school just now.
依家 又 排隊 等 單 , 你 冇 做 功課 就 知 死 !
||waiting in line||number||not|||||dead
Now there's a queue waiting for the order, if you didn't do your homework, you know you're in trouble!
咩 話 !
What are you saying!|what
What are you saying!
屋企人 做嘢 揾錢 你 希望 都 幫手 ?
||make money||||help
Your family is working to earn money, do you hope to help?
因為 爸爸 媽媽 辛苦 做嘢 養活 一 家 咁 多口 ?
|dad||||support||family||mouths
Because mom and dad work hard to support such a big family?
月尾 睇 下 個 銀包 得 返 啲 銀仔 你 點樣 維持 生計 ?
end of the month||||wallet||||money|||maintain|livelihood
At the end of the month, looking at the wallet, there's only a little money left. How do you manage to make a living?
所以 你 細細個 就 要 識 照顧 自己 香港 乜嘢 都 貴 。
||when you were little||||take care of|yourself||||
So, from a young age, you need to know how to take care of yourself. Everything is expensive in Hong Kong.
慢慢 你 就 會 習慣 香港 人 做嘢 嘅 節奏 。
slowly||||get used to|||||
Slowly, you will get used to the work rhythm of the people in Hong Kong.
你 一 個 肥仔 做 得 兩 年 我 包保 你 會 瘦 。
|||chubby boy||||years||guarantee|||lose weight
You've been a fat kid for two years, and I guarantee you'll lose weight.
香港 人 平均 工時 講 緊 每 個 星期 四十八 個 鐘 。
||average|working hours||||||forty-eight||
The average working hours of Hong Kong people are said to be 48 hours a week.
仲 有 好多 朝九晚九 未 做 晒 都 唔使旨意 放工 。
|||nine to nine|||||no need for permission|
There are so many people who have not yet finished their 9 to 9 work, and they do not have to leave work at will.
廣東話 係 比較 難 學 香港 人 又 比較 涼薄 。
||comparatively|difficult||||||cold and indifferent
Cantonese is more difficult to learn and Hong Kong people are cooler.
但係 嚟 咗 就 要 適應 唔好 用 你 把 尺 去 量度 。
|||||adapt||||your|ruler||measure
But if you come here, you have to adapt; don't use your own ruler to measure.
唔同 嘅 人 有 唔同 原因 你 終於 嚟 到 香港 。
different|||||reasons||finally|||
Different people have different reasons for finally arriving in Hong Kong.
咁 就 疊 埋 心水 融入 香港 睇 下 咩嘢 叫做 劏房 。
|then|stack|together|心水|integrate|||||is called|subdivided flat
So just blend in,融入 Hong Kong, and see what a subdivided flat is.
細路 一 日 一 日 長大 , 最 緊要 唔好 驚 會 失敗 。
|||||grows|most|important||||failure
Children grow up day by day. The most important thing is not to be afraid of failure.
就算 唔 識路 又 唔 識 講 你 都 試 下 多 啲 落街 。
even if||know the way|||||||||||go out
Even if you don’t know the way or how to speak, you should try to go out more.
講 錯 唔好 怕 , 下次 講 返 啱 就 得 啦 。
|||be afraid||||right|||
Don't be afraid of saying something wrong. Just speak correctly next time.
最 怕 你 睇 錯 地址 送 錯 外賣 噉 就 唔好 喇 。
||||wrong|address|||||||
I'm most afraid that you will read the wrong address and deliver the wrong takeaway.